How can I get a dead animal removed?

Burke County Animal Control does not pick up dead animals. If an animal is dead on a roadway you can contact the NC Depart of Transportation (828) 438-6274 to pick up the dead animal if it is a state maintained roadway or if it is a roadway inside a city limits you can try to contact that city’s public works department. If an animal is found dead anywhere else, it is the responsibility of the property owner to properly dispose of the dead animal even if they are not the owner of the animal.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get an animal picked up?
2. How can I get a dead animal removed?
3. Do you pick up sick or injured animals?