BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARINGS
NOVEMBER 21, 2023
The Burke County Board of Commissioners will hold two public hearings on November 21, 2023, at 6:00 p.m. or as soon as persons may be heard in the Commissioners’ Meeting Room, Burke Services Building, 110 N. Green St., Door E, in Morganton, NC, to receive public comments regarding the following rezoning/map amendment related matters:
Zoning Map Amendment: ZMA 2023-08
- Located at: Morganton Furniture Road and Cleet York Road.
- Request: Change the zoning district from Residential Three (R-3) to the General Business (G-B) for approximately 6.84 acres of land.
- Applicant: Ashkenazic Investments, LLC
- Property: PIN’s 2722392577 and 2722391189
Zoning Map Amendment: ZMA 2023-09
- Located at: Airport Rhodhiss Road and Lake View Drive.
- Request: Change the zoning district from R-1, R-2, R-3 to General Business (G-B) for approximately 3.48-acres of land.
- Applicants: AAH Homes, LLC / Cornerstone Upholstery, Inc., Ace Tire Sales, Inc.
- Property: PIN’s 2783690190, PIN# 2783682916, and a 1.25-acre portion of Parcel PIN# 2783695481.
Questions regarding the zoning map amendments may be directed to the Community Development Department at 828-764-9033. If reasonable ADA accommodations are needed to participate in the public hearings, please contact the County Manager’s office by November 17th at 828-764-9350.