- About Burke County
- Public WiFi Terms of Service
Public WiFi Terms of Service
The County of Burke is providing free public Wi-Fi for your convenience. It is designed to be used primarily outdoors. We cannot guarantee performance inside buildings or other structures. This access will normally be available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. until 6 p.m. This access may be subject to unavailability, and may be suspended or terminated at any time, for any reason.
As the configuration of each manufacturer's device is unique, please refer to your documentation for connection instructions. The County of Burke Information Technology Department cannot be responsible for assisting you in making changes to your devices.
By using the Service, you also agree to all terms set forth in the following Disclaimer.
- This Service provides access to the Internet on an "as is" basis, and on an "as available" basis, with all risks inherent in such access. The providers of the Service make no warranty that the Service or that any information, software, or other material accessible on the Service is free of viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other harmful components. By connecting, you acknowledge and accept the risks associated with public access to the Internet and public use of an unsecured and unencrypted wireless network.
- Under no circumstances shall the providers of the Service, or affiliates, agents, or contractors thereof, be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages that result in any way from your use of or inability to use the Service or to access the Internet or any part thereof, or your reliance on or use of information, services or merchandise provided on or through the Service, or that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files, errors, defects, delays in operation, or transmission, or any failure of performance. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the providers of the Service, including affiliates, agents, and contractors thereof, from any claim, liability, loss, damage, cost, or expense (including without limitation reasonable attorney's fees) arising out of or related to your use of the Service, any materials downloaded or uploaded through the Service, any actions taken by you in connection with your use of the Service, any violation of any third party's rights or any violation of law or regulation, or any breach of this agreement.
- You are responsible for any charges you incur from third parties through your use of the Service, and you understand that your personal information may be available to third parties that you access through the Service.
- You accept all responsibility and risk associated with your use of the Service.